Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Latest Read

Ok, it's more of a reread but I am really excited to pull the book off the shelf. There are very few books that I feel are worth a reread but The Plague Dogs by Richard Adams is one of my all time favourite books. I think I am moving into the 4th or 5th reread but it has been about 2 years since I have read it that I feel I can read it again.

Last night was another blah night. I know, I'm so descriptive. I decided to just forget about working and watched a little tv. I'll probably have more ramblings about that later. Well, I went to my bookshelf and was looking for a book I hadn't read yet. There are a few. I still have to work through the last two books by George R. Martin; I'm getting very bored with him, and I have about three non-fiction books about writing and editing that I have put to the side. None of those really peaked my interest last night so I was going to go to bed early.

Then I noticed The Plague Dogs and decided, why not. I mean I love the characters, love the story and it has been a while. I didn't get too far into it but maybe a nice read is just what the doctor ordered. Maybe this will help me get through my block and get me writing again. I have been so focused on getting articles out and the novel finished that I haven't read anything lately or at least anything interesting.

So for the next week or so, I will still get my deadlines met but I will be reserving at least 20 minutes to curl up with a good book, even if it is a reread.

Oh, books that I consider rereads:

The Odyssey by Homer (My all time favourite and it is usually a yearly reread)
Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austin
The Plague Dogs by Richard Adams
Watership Down by Richard Adams
The Lord of the Rings Trilogy and The Hobbit by J.R.R Tolkien
Darkness Visible by William Styron

and a few others that may make the list. I'll let you know if they do when I reread them ;o).

My husband doesn't understand how I can read the same book more than once but with each read I notice something new, something I had missed and the characters are ones I love.

I'm looking forward to seeing Rowf, Snitter and the Tod again and really recommend The Plague Dogs for anyone who has never read it. A truly wonderful story.

No comments: