Thursday, November 22, 2007

It's been awhile

I was doing so well in posting on a regular basis and then I let it fall through my hands. Part of the reason why I have been so silent is that I have been busy working on a number of freelance writing contracts. Yes, the novel is being ignored, again!

The other part is just life. I celebrated my 31st birthday last week. Hurray for me! I'm not too concerned with the number, I mean I used to be concerned because I was supposed to have saved the world by the time I was 30. Without a doubt that was what I had thought when I was a little girl; that I was put on this earth to save it somehow. It's strange how the imaginings of childhood still haunt you when you are an adult and you wake up one morning when you are 29 realizing that you haven't saved the world yet. Oh my God! Where did I put that red cape?

So 31 comes with a realization that maybe I won't save it but I can do little things that will make it a better place. Maybe, just maybe, something I write or something I do will change just one life for the better, hopefully a lot more (hint, hint, wink, wink at you world, just kidding). The morning of my birthday was wonderful and my kids had bought me a foot massager because you can't save the world with soar feet or without a nice pedicure. Then it was off to get my health card updated and then back to do some work. No day off for me.

It wasn't until my brother called that the day went bad and I am sure that he is completely unaware of it. Needless to say, by the end of the conversation I was barely able to hold back my tears and the moment that I hung up the phone I collapsed into sobs. I don't want to get into what was said, my brother wasn't mean but there is a history and things were rehashed (isn't that the case with all families). The rest of the day was a wash but somehow I managed to finish up an article and get it sent out when I went back to work at night.

I work mostly at night by the way. During the day I am a stay at home mom although I try to sneak in a few minutes here and there to touch base with clients and nap time is a perfect time to write. It makes life interesting but that is why I am grateful that I am a writer.

There is the long story as to why I haven't been writing. Things keep you busy or they keep you down and sometimes it takes a little while to scramble out from underneath whatever is burying you, whether it's work, family or emotions, and get back into the swing of things.

No comments: