Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Leena

When my son asked me if he could have a cat, I told him that there is no way that I was ever going to get another cat. "We have one," I told him, "and I don't want another cat after Lobo. Besides you are too young to get a cat."
Sure enough, I stuck to my guns for oh, about two months. I have to say that I am amazed I had held out that long. My reluctnace over getting a cat came solely from the fact that we lost a cat a little over a year ago during the food recalls. Colonel had liver failure and we found out that the food we were feeding him had been recalled. Colonel was only 2 when we lost him and it was really hard for everyone.

So, I'm a slow healer. It takes me a while to warm up to the idea that maybe getting another cat won't be too bad. I finally got it, something my son had gotten a long time ago and we opened our home to a rescue kitten.

She is very cute, very spunky and fits into our home very well. I do have one problem with her, though. She has decided that laying on my chest at night is perfect for sleeping and if I kick her off my chest, then snuggling as close to me as possible is the second best. Plus, if she is pressed right against me, she can take advantage and lick my elbow all night.

I'm hoping this is just a phase and she will go and sleep with the kids as soon as she is big enough to jump up on their beds. For some reason mine is easier to get at.
Anyway, here is Leena.
















And here is Leena and Lobo (if you can't tell, they are already friends but Lobo is still a little miffed at me.)

No comments: