Monday, March 10, 2008

Writing Class

I'm taking another online class about finding the joy of writing again. It is ways to get over writing blocks and also ways to be inspired. So far it has been wonderful and I am learning a few things from it. I might not be inspired just yet but I have only been taking it for a week so I still have 3 weeks to go.

I find that I need to be inspired right now and when it comes to the novel, always. I will put it to the side because it is the dream, the thing I do for myself and I don't pursue things for myself. I have always put myself last in a long list of others so the novel suffers for that.

Hopefully, this class will help center me and I will be able to focus on the novel each day, if only for a few minutes at a time.

On a side note, I took a telephone conference this weekend as well and the speaker of the conference strongly recommended taking 15 minutes for writing each day. This is recommended for those writers that work full time in a different career but I am going to apply it to my situation. Maybe I write more than 15 minutes per day but it is for clients so from now on, I will put aside 15 minutes for my novel each day.

I really hope I keep up with it.

Until the next time I take 5 minutes to blog, have a good week.

No comments: