Thursday, April 3, 2014

1000 Miles For the Week

I just wanted to give everyone an update, this week the walk in honor/1000 miles has not happened for one simple reason, parenthood.  My oldest is in a program that takes him out of his regular class every few months to go to an advanced program. Unfortunately, this means I have to drive him to another school that is 30 minutes away (if there is no traffic) but is more commonly a 45 minute to 1 hour commute.  So having to drive there and back twice per day, my commute time has been about four hours every day.

Normally, I wouldn't complain but I have not been feeling well so the addition commute, work and various obligations, my walking time has been very low. I have managed about a half mile to a mile every day but I did not want to record the amounts as I did not feel like I put enough into it this week.  I will be back to walking tomorrow and will have a few months where I won't have to do that commute every day.

So I apologize for this last week but I will be walking again soon.

No comments: