Monday, July 25, 2011

Playing with the Camera

Anyone who knows me knows that I love taking pictures. Over the course of 2 weeks, I took over 900 photos and while there are many that aren't worth saving, there were a few really nice gems among the trash.

One of the things that I did while I was away was play around with a few of the settings trying to figure them out. It was fun but some of the shots really weren't that good. Anyway, here are a few of the shots from me playing with the settings on my camera.

Sepia:


The gazebo in the cottage as well as a bit of the lake. This shot was taken from the highest deck by the cottage.


Just a tree but I actually like this shot for some reason.
Black and White:

My black and white photos are really bad since there is so much to consider with lighting and everything but here are a few attempts.

Trees (yep, I love those trees)

Flowers near the deck. These actually became the focus of my playtime with the camera.

Super Vibrant:

Same flower, different setting.

Vibrant:

Again,that flower was the focal point. I spent a good hour (probably longer) taking shots of this flower. I think James thought I had gone crazy.

Soft:

And finally...the flower in soft.

No comments: