Wednesday, July 20, 2011

The Cottage

If you didn't realize it from my last post, you will probably guess it from this one - I spent two weeks at a cottage during the beginning of July. It was a wonderful time and while I would have liked to have posted these while I was away, the lack of internet kept me from posting anything. Instead, I wrote while I was there and over the course of the next few weeks, I will share the photos and posts that I wrote while I was there.

The cottage itself was wonderful. We had our own private dock and swimming platform, which made it much nicer. We barely spent time inside and James and the boys slept in every day, usually until 9 or 10. The rest of the day was spent swimming, hiking, mining, or simply relaxing on one of two docks. I loved swimming again, it has been years since I have swam in a lake deeper than my chest (the great lakes don't offer great swimming) and I think I wanted to go swimming more than the kids. Each day I would swim out further and further until I was finally close to the other side. I never did make it all the way across. Not because I didn't think I could make it but I was worried about the boats that would go through while I was swimming. Knowing my luck, I would have been hit by one as I had to cross the spot they all seemed to drive down.

So to kick off the posts at the cottage, I thought I would share some pictures of the cottage and the views.



The back of the cottage. This is what you see when you drive up to it.



The front of the cottage and the main deck where we ate.


The view from the main deck.


The view from the lower deck, which is close to the water.

No comments: