Monday, November 30, 2009

A Little Pet Peeve

Everyone has pet peeves and I know that I actually have a lot. Towels need to be folded in quarters and then in thirds, except dish towels which need to be folded a totally different way. I don't care if the toilet paper is on the roll any which way but I find it annoying when people take out a new roll and then place it on the counter instead of on the roll. I hate, and I mean hate, when people wear hats indoors and I really don't like nicknames. In fact, my husband never calls me by anything but my first name because any reference to dear, honey or sweetheart is met with a snide comment from me. It's not that I don't understand where the endearment is but I spent several years of my life being referred to as "chicken" by my mother's husband that all other nicknames bring to mind that one despised name.

But I digress. I realized that I have a huge pet peeve and what is even worse is that I'm usually the culprit that does it. I hate it when people ask you to repeat yourself or clarify with a "Haah" noise. I don't do this very often, preferring 'pardon' or 'excuse me' or when I'm not thinking the simple, 'what did you say?' but every once in a while I will issue forth the "haah".

Once I do, I spend 20 minutes berating myself quietly for using the noise and I think about all the times I correct the kids for the same offense. It irritates me to no end that I did it but I can't take it back. I think it is a funny little pet peeve and even funnier that I annoy myself with it.

Anyway, just a little ramble. What pet peeves do you have?

All the best,

Sirena

No comments: