Sunday, November 29, 2009

A Few New Things

It seems like I have been away for a while and I guess I have. I think I have just been walking on eggshells, not sure if I should give out news or if I should stay quiet. It has been a busy few months with freelance writing picking up speed and my own novella being accepted for publication.

Yes, that's right. I have my first book contract! I am really excited about it and can't wait to work on further books. I am currently working on my second novel and hopefully it will be a success with finding a publisher and everything.

The book will be published with Wild Rose Press and I have written a few articles for their blog. You can read them here and here.

On another note, I had an article come out in Runway Magazine so I was really excited about it. You can pick it up at most book stores so I already have my copy. Actually, when I went and bought it, I had my kids with me. I showed my oldest the article and he shrugged his shoulders and said, "Yes, a magazine."

I was a little crestfallen. Had he become that bored with my writing? As I was walking out of the store, I asked him, "Don't you think that's cool?"

Where he said, "What? That you bought a magazine?"

At that I flipped open to the article again, waited a moment as he read the title and then smiled when he said, "Hey, you wrote that one. That is really cool!"

So my kids still think writing is cool and while I enjoy it for myself, it feels much better when other people are as excited about it as I am.

No comments: