Thursday, May 2, 2013

You Thought I Wouldn't Make It

...But I did.  I made my second post just under the wire with a little over an hour to spare.  But really, what can I talk about that has changed from yesterday.  The answer is, not a whole lot.  But that isn't what matters.  What matters is that I take the time to write and meet the challenge I have created for myself.  I have done two days of squats, crunches and planking and while I am still in the low numbers, I am feeling great about myself.

It seems like the biggest hurdle for me is the animals.  Yes, I love animals and I have quite the menagerie of animals in my home.   Two dogs and 1 cat.  It used to be a lot more than that but this last year has been a hard one.  In the summer of 2012, my 16 year old cat passed away.  Winter of 2013, my son's 8 year old bearded dragon passed away as well.  Now we have a 9 year old Labrador Retriever, a 18 month old English Mastiff and a 5 year old orange tabby.

While I love all the animals in my home, the English Mastiff is my girl.  An absolutely amazing dog and I will never go without one in my home after Daisy.  I love the breed and they are wonderful with children and other animals.  She is playful and calm and my biggest complaint about her is that she has the worst gas imaginable.  I mean, she could make a grown man cry...and has on a few occasions.  But regardless, English Mastiffs are the breed for me.

And to end this post, I thought I would show you a video of my little English Mastiff when she was first brought home.

¸

No comments: