Wednesday, December 16, 2009

'Twas The Night Before Christmas

Okay, it may not be the night before Christmas but today, as I was looking through my resource books, I found my copy of "The Night Before Christmas." I was pretty happy with this since I was sure I had lost it and last year we had to read the story from a sheet of paper I downloaded. While it was the story, it just wasn't the same as reading it from the beautifully colored pictures of my book.

Proud of myself, I went in to my husband, who was sitting with my oldest son. He glanced up and said, "Oh, you found it," as my son made a small noise of delight. I looked at him and said, "You can't read this book."

"What? Why not," my son was a little disappointed by the news and he stared at me incredulously.

Just then, my husband interrupted, "Because only the head of the household can read it."

My son thought about it for a split second and then said, "Oh, okay. Mom can you read it to me."

I start laughing and my husband spent the next ten minutes arguing with my son that he was the head of the household and not me. Finally he just gave up and said, "That's a story I like to read on Christmas Eve."

It's funny how kids see things.

No comments: